Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kiefer Lime Tree Sprout (kaffir lime)

I went to tend the plant hutch in the study today only to find the newest member of the citrus family, a kiefer lime tree.

I bought a kiefer lime because a recipie my wife wanted to make had required a few kiefer lime leaves. I ended up using a few lemon tree leaves instead since, as you know, I have a lemon tree. The lime I ended up buying ouly had two seeds in it. One has sprouted and the other is still sitting in the pot making up it's mind.

I also have a blood orange seed in the same pot. The orange only had one seed. i haven't done any research yet on the blood orange, so I'm not sure it will make blood oranges or if I need to do some grafting. I have no experience grafting yet, but it would be a neat experience if it's needed.

Below are two pictures. The first one is of the kiefer lime sprout slightly edited so you can see the sprout kinda clearly. The second is edited with a circle around the sprout just in case you still cant point it out. I took the pics with my phone 1.3 MP.



1 comment:

  1. Bravo, and where did you get the wonderful lime with the 2 seeds?
    I want to grow a lime tree also.

    ReplyDelete