Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Key Lime Update

The key limes are still growing in their new pots.
On average they have grown about 1/4 inch and seem to be acclimated just fine in their new pots.
The kaffir lime is also doing well with about the same rate of growth (it is about the same height as the average key lime sprout).
My project for next week is to have a chart ready to be posted each week to track the progress of each pot (some have one some have two plants). The lemon tree is a little harder to figure out the height since it's bigger and sways with the breeze. I'll do my best though to find a way to track it.

Just a note about some tomato sprouts, they have been mercilessly pulled out of the ground and thrown away by the maintenance crew at work. It's not like they looked bad...

2 comments:

  1. A key lime pie is my husband's favorite. When I saw the name of this post, I felt the urge to go get something sweet, although it's only breakfast time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two key lime trees in pots and a third I just put in the ground. I will have to baby it every winter, but we don't get too many freezing temperatures here. I just want one of the trees to have a chance to grow big! The other two are too young to produce fruit yet, so we'll see how they do. I hope yours do well!

    ReplyDelete