Friday, July 3, 2009

Over Iced

Went to the water park today with the wife and had some fun and sun. Probably a little too much sun since my neck turned that not so good shade of red.
While waiting in line for a sno-cone I noticed the sno-cone guy dumping some of the remnant ice out on the ground near some plants which loved it At least most of the plants loved it. In the very middle, were he probably does this every day, there were no plants at all. This is why I say that icing plants is great but not to put the ice directly on the plant but around it. That's also why I use blocks so I can place them where ever I think is good and they don't move or slide like cubes or slush.
Sorry for no pictures, maybe next time.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on Blotanical!
    I've never heard of purposely putting ice on plants unless it's something like keeping azaleas from blooming early so they will bloom for a special occasion. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use ice cubes too as they are a good way to NOT over water my houseplants..you don't end up with a puddle running out the bottom too! Oh, and hope your neck is better.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Did you say anything to the man? Glad you had a great time. It's sunscreen season!

    ReplyDelete