Friday, July 10, 2009

Sit, Heel, Lay Down! Good Onion

Ok, so that's probably not what most people want their onion to do but at least it listened. On top of that they were given to me in a bundle that was already drying out and I waited an extra week to plant them.


They turned out to be about the size of tennis balls or a little smaller but the taste is superb! I'm going to make another box just for onions next year and plant them on time. The garlic is just next to them I think, I hope, I fear I might be wrong... The yams on the other had are definitely in the last quarter of the box (2x2 area which really should be bigger for yams) and are flourishing. I know you would love a pic right now but, sorry, it's late and have to do a shop.

Next time I'll show you how to get it into an omlet!

2 comments:

  1. They really look like healthy looking onions.. with a little bit of care, and conscious about their needs, most plants will react positively and grow...

    Cheers
    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! They look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete