Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gardening at Night (Lamb's Ear)

Still doing a little gardening at night. This time I've been checking on how the lamb's ear has been doing. These lamb's ears don't seem to be having any problems with any infestations. It took a few times sowing seed and transplanting into this bed but we finally got them to grow where we wanted them. The trick now is to keep them from spreading like wild fire.




I found an interesting tid bit about what to do with lamb's ear. The usual is to use it like a bandage, but I have also found that it works in tea and tastes very light and almost minty.


Don't worry. I've tried it and it's really pretty good.

I made the tea by steeping a partially dried torn up leaf in a cup of hot water for three minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I go out at night and hunt snails. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting about the lambs ear tea. Who knew? visited Etsy. Beautiful items.

    ReplyDelete