Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow Survivors

Survivors of the snow include almost everything.
I wasn't sure about the lemon tree but I figured it was pretty big and should be able to handle the cold weather by now. I was right. Not one leaf fell from it's branches and it's still going strong. Of course it wasn't actuall in the snow but it was exposed to the below 30 degree weather.
A couple of the orphaned cacti died but they were on their way out anyway. They had turned yellow and splotchy. Maybe I should have watered them but since I had no idea what kind of cactus they were I didn't know.
Even the strawberry plants are still green and they did get hit with the snow and cold. Looking forward to some nice berries in the spring and maybe even in late winter if everything goes well.
The cabbage and root veggies are all looking nice. I'll have to remember that for next season.

2 comments:

  1. Jacob, winter is going to be over and spring will come soon. Wishing you a Very Happy New Year 2010! May all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob I am shocked that your lemon survived - thats really good. I am so concerned about some of my plants- they don't look good at all especially my ceanothus and phormium jester.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete