Monday, January 25, 2010

Life Always Goes Back to Citrus

I can't help myself I guess. Give me a citrus seed and away I go.
Today I got some more seeds, clementine and grapefruit, and promptly peeled and planted them in some extra dirt. not many people have extra dirt but what else should a self acclaimed gardener have?
I have dirt in my desk, in my truck, in the green house, out front of the house and a few other places around town that I can get to easily in case of emergencies.
Another of the already planted citrus sprouted this week at the office but I don't know how well it will do with the other citrus in the pot. I should probably transplant one or two of them to their own pots for plenty of room.
My lemon tree on the other hand lots one leaf. I guess it has to happen some times.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have dirt everywhere. We have frozen dirt. I love citrus. I have a lemon, a kumquat in large pots that I haul out in the spring and in in the fall. Gardening in these parts is part weight lifting.

    ReplyDelete